12.11.14

Week 2 in Foggia. I've learned so much already!

Wow this week has been so crazy! Italy is the most amazing but strangest place in the world! I have started a little journal with just crazy experiences that would only happen in Italy! It is already getting really full! I love it! I could go on and on with the ups and downs, the miracles, and the craziness of this week but I will try to keep it short!

First off we started teaching a less active this week. Her name is Constance, she is from Africa, and speaks English. Randomly she came to church but she did not take the sacrament. We then felt prompted to give her a call and just see if she wanted to chat and see how she was doing. We set an appointment but we did not know exactly how to prepare. We thought that faith would be a good lesson and remembering that God loves her. When we were teaching her the lesson went in a totally different direction. She asked us all about repentance and we turned it into the Atonement. We were totally teaching on the spot but it was so inspired. Random scriptures would just come to me and it was exactly what she needed to hear. We talked to her for a long time and she admitted that she was some type of under the table prostitute. It was so sad. I was just torn up inside. She was so desperate. She knows she needs to repent and she was crying the entire lesson. Just the spirit hit her so hard. It was amazing to be a part of. We are going to continue working with her. If anything I learned how the Atonement really can work for everyone! It is such a miracle!

We are also teaching a man named Jake. Last week I told you all that we taught him the Restoration and gave him a Book of Mormon. In our lesson this week he first told us that he has only read the introduction of the Book of Mormon and he knows it is true. I invited him to be baptized and he said yes. So amazing! A total miracle! My trainer, said that was not common and to relish in the miracle! He has a baptism date on Dec 6th. BUT...... he is not married to his girlfriend! We told him this and he said that he wants to get married so that he can get baptized! So miracles will need to happen to make it work but I have faith! President Waddoups told us that when we do not set dates it is showing a lack of faith! So we prayed and December 6 seemed right. The rest of this transfer will be crazy but I am beyond excited! 

So many miracles so many blessings! 

At times things are extremely frustrating, like when we have been walking around Foggia all day and all night and no one will talk to us. Or when I am trying to talk to members in the ward and they all laugh at my Italian. It is easy to get down. But I always remember the little tender mercies! I find more joy then ever before!

Today we are going to "Padre Pio land" A golden church dedicated to Padre Pio. It shoud be interesting! I will send pics later!


I love you all! I love hearing about life in the US of A! 

xoxo 
Sorella Fuller 

No comments:

Post a Comment